Whether you live in a hot climate region, enjoy drag racing or long high-speed pulls on airstrips the AMS Performance Nissan Z Heat Exchanger will help keep your intake temps lower and maintain your Z’s maximum power output no matter the conditions. Your 3.0L twin-turbocharged engine does not use the typical air-to-air front mount intercooler (FMIC) you may be used to. Like many modern turbocharged vehicles, the Nissan Z uses coolant to cool the intake air charge through an air-to-water heat exchanger. While this method may be sufficient for a stock vehicle under ideal conditions, it can quickly become heat-soaked — robbing horsepower.
AMS Performance is an engineering company first. We have built over a 20-year reputation as a leading motorsports aftermarket component manufacturer by creating the highest-performing parts through a focused engineering approach to design. This design method allows us to include features not found in any other kits on the market, including billet 6061 T6 aluminum end tanks for improved fitment and aesthetics, and an easily accessible screw valve for easy system bleeding. Where others use cheap universal core and low-grade sheet metal end tanks, the AMS Snailworks- Engineering Team has put together a system that uses the highest quality materials for years of trouble-free operation.
While the AMS Performance Nissan Z Heat Exchanger is significantly larger than OEM, our Engineering Team set out to make the Z Heat Exchanger upgrade as simple as possible to install. The new unit fits in the same location as the factory core, allowing for maximum compatibility with oil coolers, A/C components, and parking assist sensors. By using the factory mounting points you or your trusted mechanic can install it quickly and easily. The heat exchanger simply slides in and bolts into the factory mounting holes, and then gets connected to your existing factory hose routing. For a heat exchanger of this size, you don’t get a cleaner or more simple installation than that!
- Double the thickness of the factory heat exchanger
- CAD-designed and CNC-machined 6061 T6 billet aluminum end tanks
- Motorsport quality tube and fin heat exchanger core made in the UK
- Drastically increased coolant flow
- Integrated bleeder port accessible through front bumper
- Direct bolt-on installation, requires no cutting or drilling
- Can be used on stock or modified vehicles to reduce heat soak
- 198% increase in core size over OEM for unbelievable heat transfer
- AMS spec fin height and density on the core to allow for optimized heat transfer
- 200% added fluid capacity over OEM further increases thermal stability